St. Croix Cruise Excursion: Rental Car
If you are arriving to St. Croix on a cruise ship and are looking for an excursion that gives you the flexibility to explore the island on your own, rent a car for the day from Centerline. We will pick you up near the Frederiksted Pier, take you to our Mid-Island – La Reine location, and get you cruising around St. Croix!
Cruise Ship Excursion Pick-Up & Drop-Off
Pick-Up: Our shuttle will arrive at 9am (or 11am for cruise ships that have a later arrival) and will depart for the rental car office promptly at 9:30am.
Drop-Off: In order to make it back to the cruise ship in time for departure, plan to arrive at our Mid-Island – La Reine office no later than 60 minutes prior to the time you are expected to board. Please coordinate this time with your rental agent at pick-up.
Places To Go On St. Croix
St. Croix, the largest of the U.S. Virgin Islands, is 28 miles long and 7 miles wide. A rental car gives you the flexibility to explore at your leisure. Below are a few of our favorite places and you can check out our Top 20 Things To Do Checklist. Visit gotostcroix.com for more ideas of things to do and places to drive on St. Croix.
- Point Udall is the easternmost point in the United States. In includes a scenic drive with breathtaking views of the Caribbean.
Approx. 18 miles/39 minutes from La Reine
- Cane Bay Beach is located on St. Croix’s North Shore and has excellent snorkeling and diving. Amenities include a restaurant, restaurant, and dive shop.
Approx. 7 miles/18 minutes from La Reine
- Christiansted is the larger of the two towns on St. Croix. There you’ll find Fort Christiansvaern at Christiansted National Historic Site, shopping, restaurants, and even a small beach accessed by ferry at Hotel on the Cay.
Approx. 7 miles/19 minutes from La Reine
- St. George Village Botanical Gardens spans 16-acres among buildings and ruins of an 18th and 19th century sugar cane plantation.
4 miles/10 minutes from La Reine
- A drive through the Rain Forest with a stop at Mt. Pellier Hut Domino Club, home of the beer drinking pigs.
Approx. 6 miles/15 minutes from La Reine
- Sandy Point National Wildlife Refuge is a protected nesting area for leatherback, hawksbill, and green sea turtles. It is also the location where the final scene of “Shawshank Redempton” was filmed. There are several pulls offs to explore along the road to the main beach. Sandy Point is close April through August.
Approx. 9 miles/15 minutes from La Reine